For the young athletes in your life, you know how important their training is!
Core strength and coordination are two highly important factors when it comes to boosting a child’s performance in sports.
In this post, we will cover exactly what core and coordination training is and how it can help your child to improve in various sports.
What is Core and Coordination Training?
Core and coordination training is a type of exercise that focuses on strengthening and stabilizing the core muscles.
A stable core and good coordination are essential when it comes to athletics. Focusing on strengthening the core helps your child to gain a better understanding of their body and movements. This can help with many athletic movements including catching a ball, performing intricate footwork, or scoring a goal.
Examples of skills that can be enhanced through this type of training include:
- Hand-eye coordination
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Postural control
- Sensory processing
How Does Core and Coordination Training Help Young Athletes?
- Better Balance: Balance is integral when playing sports. Not only does balance boost endurance, but it also improves your child’s ability to perform complex movements.
- Less Likelihood of Injury: Most of the body is affected by the health of the core muscles. A weak core can easily lead to injuries to the back, neck, limbs, and many other body parts!
- Isolated Movements: Athletes need to know how to isolate specific areas of their body. For instance, a swimmer must be able to control their arms and legs while keeping their core in a stable position.
- Greater Stamina: Core strength has a direct impact on stamina and endurance. It is crucial for maintaining a high level throughout a sports game or activity.
What Sports Benefit from Core and Coordination Training?
If you’re wondering if your child could perform better in their chosen sport with core and coordination training, the answer is…YES!
No matter which sports your children play, their athleticism can be greatly boosted through this kind of training.
All kinds of sports can benefit from incorporating core and coordination training into your athlete’s routine. This includes soccer, football, tennis, basketball, gymnastics, and anything in between!
Visit our YouTube channel to view some fun exercises for kids
Core and coordination training is arguably one of the most important types of training for young athletes.
Not only will this training prevent them from becoming injured, but it will help them to develop a better awareness of their body. In doing so, they will also develop a better sense of confidence!
Get in touch with Balance Academy today to learn more about our online core and coordination training classes.
Fun Exercise for Kids
Register today on https://balanceacademy.online for tips and updates and don’t forget to follow us on social media for videos of exercises and weekly challenges!